If you’re flying into Boston Logan International Airport, you may be wondering about your ground transportation options. Lyft and Uber are both popular ride-sharing/transportation network companies (TNCs) that offer pick-up and drop-off services at the airport. Here’s what you need to know about using Uber and Lyft as a car service from Boston airport.
On This Page
- About Boston's Logan International Airport
- Uber and Lyft Drop-off and Pickup Locations
- History of Ride App/TNC Companies and Services
- Interesting Facts about Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- FAQ: Top questions from Uber & Lyft riders in Boston
About Boston's Logan International Airport
Logan International Airport is located in East Boston, just a few miles from downtown. The airport is accessible by the MBTA’s Blue Line subway and Silver Line bus rapid transit (BRT) system.
Uber and Lyft Drop-off and Pickup Locations
Ride Service Drop-off Locations
If you’re taking an Uber or a Lyft ride to BOS airport, your driver will drop you off at one of the designated TNC pick-up locations.
- Except for Terminal C, ride app drop-offs between 4 a.m. and 10 a.m. happen on the lower level terminal curbs.
- All other Ride App drop-offs take place at Central Parking.
Ride Service Pickup Locations
When you’re ready to go, simply order a ride with a Ride App once you retrieve your luggage from the baggage area and then proceed to Central Parking.
Customers using a Ride App service can only be picked up in designated pickup zones.
Ride service rates vary depending on the time of day and demand, but you can expect to pay around $25-35 for a ride from the airport to downtown Boston.
If you’re taking an Uber or Lyft to Logan Airport, you’ll want to allow yourself plenty of time to get there. Traffic in and around the airport can be heavy, especially during rush hour.
Whether you’re arriving or departing, Lyft and Uber are convenient, affordable options for getting to and from Boston Logan International Airport.
Image courtesy of http://www.quotecatalog.com/
If you have a disability and need assistance getting to or from your terminal (for example, the terminal B garage), Lyft and Uber both offer accessibility options.
Passengers with disabilities wanting to go to or depart from Logan Airport will have the option of having their vehicles picked up and dropped off at the Central Parking Garage, or continuing on to accessible areas at the terminal curb.
History of Ride App/TNC Companies and Services
Ride-sharing/transportation network companies (TNCs) first appeared on the scene in the early 2010s with the launch of Uber in 2009 and Lyft in 2012. These companies disrupted the traditional taxi and limousine industry by offering a more convenient, affordable, and user-friendly experience.
Today, TNCs are available in hundreds of cities around the world and have become a popular way to get around. In addition to Uber and Lyft, other popular TNCs include Curb, Via, and Juno.
How do they work?
TNCs connect riders with Uber drivers and Lyft drivers through a smartphone app. Riders can request a ride and track the driver’s progress as they make their way to the pick-up location. It is convenient because riders can assess wait times.
Once the ride is over, the fare is automatically charged to the rider’s credit or debit card (no cash needed). Riders also have the option to tip their driver through the app.
Advantages of TNCs
TNCs offer a number of advantages over traditional taxi and limousine services, including:
- Convenience: TNCs can be summoned with the push of a button, so you don’t have to worry about hailing a cab or flagging down a ride.
- Affordability: TNCs are typically cheaper than taxis, especially when demand is low.
- User-friendly: TNCs offer a streamlined, user-friendly experience from start to finish.
Disadvantages of TNCs
Despite these advantages, TNCs are not without their critics. Some have raised concerns about safety, price gouging, and the negative impact on the traditional taxi industry. Nevertheless, TNCs continue to grow in popularity as a convenient, affordable way to get around.
If you’re looking for a ride, Lyft & Uber are two of the most popular TNCs available. They are also considered one of the best rideshare apps in Boston. With a few taps on your smartphone, you can summon a ride and be on your way in no time.
Interesting Facts about Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Logan International Airport is the primary airport serving Boston, Massachusetts and is the busiest airport in the New England region.
- Logan Airport is named after General Edward Lawrence Logan, a Boston native who served in both World War I and World War II.
- Boston Logan Airport is the sixth-busiest airport in the United States, with more than 33 million passengers passing through each year.
- Logan International Airport offers nonstop service to over 160 destinations worldwide, making it a convenient hub for international travelers.
- Logan International Airport is home to United Airlines’ New England hub, which offers hundreds of daily flights to destinations across the globe.
Whether you’re arriving or departing, Boston Logan International Airport is a convenient hub for domestic and international travel. With Uber and Lyft, you can get to and from the airport quickly and easily. And with so many interesting facts about the airport, there’s always something new to learn.
If you’re looking for an easy, convenient, and affordable way to get around Boston Logan Airport, then using Uber or Lyft is a great option. Both rideshare companies offer reliable service and competitive prices, so you can’t go wrong no matter which one you choose. Just be sure to enter the correct pickup location when requesting a ride, as Uber and Lyft operate in different areas of the airport.
And that’s all there is to it! With Uber or Lyft, getting to and from Boston Logan Airport is a breeze. So next time you’re planning a trip, be sure to consider using one of these rideshare services. You’ll be glad you did.
FAQ: Top questions from Uber & Lyft riders in Boston
To request a ride with Uber or Lyft, simply open the app and enter your destination. You’ll then be matched with a nearby driver who will pick you up and take you to your destination.
Uber to Logan Airport costs vary depending on demand, time of day, and other factors. In general, Uber is cheaper than traditional taxi and limousine services. You can see an estimate of your fare before you request a ride.
Payment is automatically processed through the app, so you don’t need to worry about having cash on hand. You can also add a tip for your driver through the app.
Both Uber and Lyft have a strict screening process for drivers, and all rides are tracked and monitored by GPS. In addition, you can share your ride details with a friend or family member so they can track your progress.
Uber and Lyft offer convenient airport rides to and from Logan International Airport. Simply enter your airport as your destination in the app, and you’ll be matched with a nearby driver.
Here are a few tips for first-time riders:
- Request your ride a few minutes before you’re ready to go. This gives your driver time to get to your location.
- Be sure to enter your destination in the app before requesting a ride. This helps the driver know where to take you.
- If you need to make a stop along the way, let your driver know in advance. This way, they can plan the route accordingly.
- And finally, don’t forget to rate your driver after your ride! This feedback helps us ensure that everyone has a good experience.
The answer is yes, Uber does operate in the city of Boston. In fact, Uber has been servicing the Greater Boston area since 2014 and is available in several of Boston’s suburbs. With Uber, you can easily get around the city and its neighboring areas with just a few taps on your smartphone. Whether you use Uber Salem MA, or anywhere else in Greater Boston, it is a reliable and convenient way to get around.
Yes, Uber does offer airport pick up service from Logan International Airport in Boston. If you request an Uber ride to the airport, your driver will pick you up outside of the terminal at the designated uber zones. You can also use Uber express taxi to get from the airport back into the city. Just make sure you enter your destination address when requesting the ride. With Uber, getting from the airport to any destination in Greater Boston is a breeze.
If Boston Logan arrivals looking for a good place to eat near the airport, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here is a list of some of the best restaurants located within walking distance or a short drive from the airport:
1. Legal Seafood – Terminal A: Located in Terminal A of Boston Logan International Airport, Legal Seafood offers fresh seafood and New England cuisine.
2. Wolfgang Puck Express – Terminal C: Wolfgang Puck Express serves up a variety of classic American comfort food with a unique spin.
3. Brio Tuscan Grille – Terminal E: This Italian-inspired eatery is perfect for travelers looking for a hearty meal before or after their flight.
4. Joe’s American Bar & Grill – Terminal B: Joe’s serves up classic American fare and has an extensive beer list to choose from.
5. The Times Irish Pub & Restaurant – Terminal E: This family-friendly pub specializes in Irish fare and has an extensive selection of beers on tap.
Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or something more substantial, there are plenty of restaurants near Boston Logan International Airport to choose from. Bon Appétit!